Who is Ricky Rubio?
Ricardo Rubio Vives, professionally known as Ricky Rubio is a Spanish professional basketball player. He plays as a point guard for the Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA) (NBA). He started his professional career at Joventut Badalona before being picked by the Timberwolves in the first round of the 2009 NBA Draft. He joined FC Barcelona owing to the buyout clause in 2009 and led the squad to one EuroLeague, one Spanish League, two Spanish King’s Cups, two Spanish Supercups, and two Catalan Cup Tournament victories. He then returned to the Timberwolves in 2011 and made his NBA debut in 2011 where he played six seasons. He later played for Utah Jazz and Phoenix Suns before returning to Timberwolves in 2020.
On the international level, he led the Spanish U16 team to a gold medal in the 2006 FIBA Euro U16 Championship. He guided the Spanish senior basketball team to win gold medals at EuroBasket in 2009 and 2011. He also helped Spain to win gold at the World Cup in 2019. He is regarded as the best European guard prospect ever.
Relationship Details, Ricky Rubio in a Relationship?
Ricky Rubio is happily married. Sara is the wife of the Spanish basketball star. In January 2020, the couple gave birth to a baby they named Liam. We’ll soon have new information on his private life.
Quick facts about Ricky Rubio
|Celebrated Name||Ricky Rubio|
|Age||31 years old.|
|Birth Name||Ricard Rubio Vives|
Ricky Rubio: Early Life, Age, Wiki, Parents, Ethnicity
Ricky Rubio was born on 21 October 1990. His birth name is Ricard Rubio Vives. His birthplace is El Masnou in Spain. He holds Spanish nationality. He was born to his mother, Tona Vives, and his father, Esteve Rubio. His mother died at the age of 56 in 2016. He has a sister named Laia. He belongs of European ancestry and his religion is Christianity.
Education, Schooling, University
Information about his college career is not available at present.
Professional Career, (Basketball Player)
- Ricky Rubio started his professional basketball career at DKV Joventut.
- He became the youngest player ever to debut in ACB at 14 years and 11 months.
- He assisted the club to win the FIBA EuroChallenge championship in 2006.
- He was named Spanish ACB League’s Rising Star Award for the 2006-07 season.
- He made his EuroLeague debut against the Panathinaikos of Athens in October 2006.
- He won the EuroCup championship with Joventut in 2008.
- He was voted Mister Europa Player of the Year in 2008.
- He was voted the Spanish ACB League’s top point guard in 2008 and 2010.
- He was named the FIBA Europe Young Player of the Year in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
- He was crowned FIBA Europe U16 Championship MVP.
- He won the 2008 Mr. Europa Award.
- He was selected the Defensive Player of the Year for the Spanish ACB League 2008–09 season.
- He declared for the 2009 NBA Draft.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves chose him in the first round of the 2009 NBA Draft.
- Due to his buyout deal, he had to wait to play in the NBA.
- Ricky Rubio won one Liga ACB and two Copa del Reys with Barcelona.
- He signed a six-year contract with FC Barcelona in 2009. Barcelona purchased Rubio’s contract for €3.5 million.
- He would be able to play in the NBA following the 2010-11 season.
- He won the 2009-10 EuroLeague with FC Barcelona.
- He also assisted the squad to win the EuroLeague Championship in 2010 and the Liga ACB Championship in 2011.
- After the 2010-11 season, he joined the Timberwolves.
- He made his regular-season debut in December 2011.
- He tore his ACL and his lateral collateral ligament defending Kobe Bryant on 9 March 2012.
- He averaged 10.6 points, 8.2 assists, and 2.2 steals in the 2011-12 season.
- Ricky Rubio signed with Minnesota Timberwolves in 2011.
- He finished second in Rookie of the Year voting behind Kyrie Irving.
- He averaged 10.7 points, 7.3 assists, and 2.4 steals in the 2012-13 season. He finished second in thefts per game.
- He averaged 9.5 points, 8.6 assists, and 2.3 steals in the 2013-14 season.
- He signed a four-year contract deal worth $56 million with the Timberwolves in October 2014.
- He hurt his left ankle in the game against the Orlando Magic in November 2014. He got surgery on his ankle in April 2015.
- He averaged 10.3 points, 8.8 assists, and 1.7 steals in the 2014-15 season.
- He averaged 10.1 points, 8.7 assists, and 2.1 steals in the 2015-16 season.
- He averaged 11.1 points, 9.1 assists, and 1.7 steals in the 2016-17 season.
- He was traded to the Utah Jazz in June 2017.
- He averaged 13.1 points, 5.3 assists, and 1.6 steals in the 2017-18 season.
- He had a left hamstring injury that knocked him out of the remaining playoffs in 2018.
- He averaged 12.7 points, 6.1 assists, and 1.3 steals in the 2018-19 season.
- Ricky Rubio played for Utah Jazz from 2017 to 2019.
- He signed a three-year contract with the Phoenix Suns for $51 million in July 2019.
- He averaged 13.1 points, 8.9 assists and 1.5 steals in the 2019-20 season.
- He became the first Suns player to put up at least 20+ points, 10+ assists, and 7+ steals in a game since Kevin Johnson back in 1996.
- In June 2020, he showed evidence of COVID-19.
- In November 2020, the Suns exchanged Rubio for a player named Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Rubio was dealt by the Thunder to his old team, the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- During the 2020–21 season, he had an 8.6 point, 6.4 assists, and 1.4 steal average.
FIFA World Cup Ricky Rubio
- Spain was guided to the 2019 FIBA World Cup by Rickey Rubio.
Ricky Rubio’s Global Career
- The young Spanish national team was coached by Ricky Rubio to the FIBA Europe U16 Championship in August 2006. He won the title of tournament MVP and led the team in points, rebounds, assists, and steals.
- At the Summer Olympics in Beijing in 2008, he played basketball for Spain. In the final, they suffered a defeat to the USA.
- At the 2009 EuroBasket, he helped Spain to a gold medal. He scored 5.9 points, grabbed 2.2 rebounds, gave out 3.9 assists, and stole 1.4 times a game.
- He received the 2010 EuroLeague Rising Star award.
- In addition, he helped Spain win the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup gold medal. In the championship game, Spain defeated Argentina, and he was crowned the World Cup MVP.
Net Worth, Salary, Assets
Basketball player Ricky Rubio makes money from his work. Contracts, salary, bonuses, and endorsements are how he makes money. In 2009, he began playing professionally for the Spanish team FC Barcelona. After being selected by the Timberwolves with the fifth overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, he signed with them in 2011. Before joining the Timberwolves again in 2020, he later played for the Utah Jazz and Phoenix Suns. He currently earns $16.2 million a year in compensation. His net worth is thought to be $8 million.
Rumors and Controversy
Talking about his rumors and controversy, he has not been in any part of rumors as well as controversy to date.
What is the Height of Ricky Rubio? Weight, Full Body Status
6 feet 3 inches tall, or 1.91 meters, is how tall Ricky Rubio is. His body weight is 190 lbs or 86 kg. He has a muscular physique. His hair is dark, and his eyes are brown. He has a straight sexual preference.
Social Media Accounts
Ricky Rubio is not active on any social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, or Snapchat.