Jonathan David, a professional footballer from Canada, now competes for LOSC Lille in France. Find out more about his family, nationality, financial worth, and statistics.
Jonathan David, now 21 years old, was moved to Port-au-Prince, Haiti when he was three months old at his Haitian parents’ home in New York City. When he was six years old, his parents and moved to Ottawa, Canada, from Haiti. As a child, David attended the École secondaire publique Louis-Riel, a Francophone public school. He says this is why he was successful: “When I was at Louis Riel, it helped to always have the ball at my feet.”
David joined the Gloucester Dragons SA of Ottawa at the age of 10 and began participating in organized soccer. A year later, he joined Ottawa Gloucester SC, where he played for the Hornets team up until 2015. In 2016, he joined Ottawa Internationals SC. David did not watch Major League Soccer or Canadian soccer growing up. He had no desire to pursue a career as a professional player in America. He was just interested in playing professionally in Europe, not anything else.
Jonathan David Height, Weight
Jonathan David is 5 feet and 11 inches tall, or 1.80 meters. He carries 73 kilograms. He is also physically fit and well-built. His hair is black, and his eyes are a lifeless brown. Straight is the way he identifies sexually. His other physical characteristics, such as his belly, biceps, and chest size, are yet unknown. His overall physical condition is good.
- In January 2018, David joined Gent of Belgium. He made his professional debut on August 4, 2018, against Zulte Waregem, scoring a goal in injury time to break a 1-1 stalemate. David entered as a second-half substitute in a Europa League Third Round Qualifier against Jagiellonia Biaystok only five days after making his league debut. David scored in the 85th minute to give his team a 1-0 victory.
- Three days later, Jonathan David extended his scoring streak against Waasland-Beveren by scoring two goals in injury time to secure a 4-1 league victory. When David scored five goals in his first five games, Gent offered him a contract that would last until 2022.
- He extended his contract through September 2023 by one additional year. David was the subject of intense interest from bigger teams during the January 2020 transfer window, according to Gent chairman Ivan de Witte, who assessed David’s value at €20 million.
- On August 11, 2020, Lille made public the signing of Jonathan David to a five-year contract. David was reportedly the most expensive Canadian move to date, costing €30 million. He made his professional debut for Lille on August 22 against Rennes in the Ligue 1 season opener. David scored his first goal for Lille against Lorient on November 22. The game-winning goal helped Lille defeat Lorient 4-0 after a rocky start to the season.
- David scored in overtime against Reims after going scoreless in his previous seven games, tying LOSC and PSG on points at the top of the rankings. On February 3, 2021, Lille defeated Bordeaux 3-0 with a goal from David. David scored his first career Ligue 1 double on February 7 against Nantes, continuing his recent hot streak. David’s brace was his sixth in as many games after only scoring two goals in the first half of the 2020–21 season.
- He provided the game-winning goal in Lille’s 1-0 away victory over Paris Saint-Germain on April 3, 2021, the teams first away league victory over PSG since April 1996.
- On May 23, Lille defeated Anger 2-1 at home thanks to a goal from Jonathan David. With 13 league goals at the end of his rookie year, 11 of them came after the new year. This includes a late win against PSG at Parc des Princes and a late hat trick against Marseille, solidifying himself as a key player in Lille’s pursuit of the league title and one of the league’s most in-form individuals.
- During several under-15 camps, Jonathan David was identified by the Canadian junior national team program in 2015. He was frequently called up to Canada’s under-17 camps building up to the 2017 CONCACAF U-17 Championship. In the competition that followed, David represented Canada and scored a hat trick against Suriname in the last group match. In May 2018, David was selected for the Canadian Under-21 team for the Toulon Tournament.
- In 2018, David was called up to the American under-20 team by Tab Ramos. In order to focus on his club career and represent Canada, he turned down the offer.
- Jonathan David received his first senior call-up to the Canadian national team on August 30, 2018, for a CONCACAF Nations League qualification match against the US Virgin Islands. He started and scored twice in his senior debut on September 9 as the team won 8-0.
- David was selected to be a member of the final CONCACAF Gold Cup roster on May 30, 2019. In Canada’s 7-0 victory over Cuba in the tournament’s final group match, he recorded a hat-trick. David won the Golden Boot by scoring six goals in the game despite Canada losing to Haiti in the quarterfinals.
- With eight goals in 2019, David set a new record for Canada’s senior international matches. On September 7, 2019, Canada defeated Cuba 6-0. For his accomplishments, he was chosen as the 2019 Canadian Men’s Player of the Year.
Jonathan David’s Net Worth
The $4 million to $5 million range is thought to be Jonathan David’s net worth. His principal source of income is his football profession, and he makes about $120,000 annually. Jonathan David enjoys a luxurious lifestyle and expensive cars because to his successful upbringing. He is one of the most important young players in Canada.
Adidas is a sponsor of Jonathan David. He received assistance in getting the substantial arrangement from Nikos Mavromaras, his agent and the child’s father figure. Visit his Instagram account, where he frequently promotes their products.
Jonathan David Relationship
The athlete is focused on his professional career rather than on his personal life. He might be dating a pretty young lady right now, or he might be by himself. On his online entertainment accounts, he has not sent any young females any photographs of himself. Any changes to his romantic life will be announced here.