Who is Sia?
Sia, an Australian singer, songwriter, voice actress, and music video director began her musical career in the middle of the 1990s as a vocalist for the acid jazz group “Crisp.” Sia, who has been in the music industry for more than 30 years, has recorded 8 studio albums, won more than a dozen ARIA Awards, an MTV Video Music Award, and received 9 Grammy Award nominations.
Sia gained international fame with the release of her sixth studio album, “1000 Forms of Fear,” which opened at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200. Since then, she has frequently worn a wig to preserve her anonymity.
She gained too much height and celebrity thanks to Sia’s “Cheap Thrills,” a song that became her all-time success and her first to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100. They established the collective “LSD” with Labrinth and Diplo, and in April 2019 they released their self-titled debut album.
Just weeks after announcing that she had adopted two teenage Black boys, Sia announced on June 30, 2020, that she would soon become a grandmother at the age of 44. Additionally, she is active on social media, with more than 5.7 million Instagram followers under the handle @siamusic and more than 3.8 million followers under the handle @Sia.
Relationship Details, Sia is divorced?
Even though Sia is in her 40s, she is not married. She previously had a relationship with her ex-boyfriend, Australian Dan Pontifex. After Crisp split up in 1997, Sia decided to relocate to London because of her friendship with Pontifex. However, only a few months later, she learned that Pontifex had passed away in a vehicle accident in London. Lyrically, her 2001 album “Healing Is Difficult” addresses the passing of her ex-boyfriend Pontifex.
Sia openly announced in 2008 that she was bisexual and that she was dating well-known American musician JD Samson. They split up, nevertheless, in 2011.
Erik Anders Lang, a documentary filmmaker, was Sia’s first husband. In August 2014, they were wed at her Palm Springs, California, home. However, the couple separated in December 2016 after only two years of marriage.
She took in two Black boys who were aging out of the foster care system in 2019 and adopted them. She stated that she had adopted them just a few months later, and on June 30, 2020, she would become a grandmother.
Quick facts about Sia
|Birth Name||Sia Kate Isobelle Furler|
Sia: Early Life, Age, Wiki, Parents, Ethnicity
Sia was born in Adelaide, South Australia, on December 18, 1975. Named Sia Kate Isobelle Furler at birth. She belongs to the United States. Sia is of White ethnicity and was born under the sign of the Sagittarius horoscope.
Sia was the only child born toLeonee Furler (the mother) and Phil Colson (the father) (mother). Their Hmother Leonienee teaches painting, while her father Phil is a musician. She is also Kevin Colson’s niece, actororr, and singer. Sia, who comes from a musical family, has always been interested in music and from a young age tried to mimic the performances of Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, and Sting.
Attempts at suicide
Following the success of “We Are Born,” Sia struggled with her burgeoning celebrity and developed addictions to alcohol and opioids. She also had suicidal thoughts and even went so far as to draft a suicide note.
Due to her ill health in 2010, Sia had to postpone several promotional engagements and performances. The autoimmune condition Graves’ disease, which is characterized by an overactive thyroid, had also been identified in her. Sia confirmed that she had Ehlers-Danlos syndrome in 2019.
Education, Schooling, University
She graduated from Olivet Nazarene University in 1994 after attending North Adelaide Primary School and Adelaide High School. She joined forces with the group to form the local acid jazz group “Crisp” in the 1990s, contributing vocals to their albums “Word and the Deal” (1995) and “EP Delirium” (1997).
The band broke up, though, and on December 23, 1997, she released her debut album, “OnlySee,” beginning her solo career.
Professional Career, (singer)
- Sia started her career as soon as the Crisp split up, and she then relocated to London where she sang in the background for the British band “Jamiroquai.”
- Additionally, she sang lead for the English downtempo band “Zero 7.” Their first three studio albums, including the singles “Destiny,” “Somersault,” and “Speed Dial No. 2,” included vocal performances by Sia.
- Sia secured a recording deal with Dance Pool, a division of Sony Music, in 2000, and put out her debut track, “Taken for Granted.”
- On July 9, 2001, she released “Healing Is Difficult,” her second solo album. She subsequently parted ways with Sony Music and joined Go! Beat.
- “Colour the Small One,” Sia’s third studio album, was released on January 19, 2004.
What has made Sia famous?
- Famous for being a well-known Australian musician, composer, and director of music videos.
- Known for singing “Cheap Thrills,” one of the all-time greatest hits.
- Out of 20 nominations, Sia has already received 10 ARIA Music Awards.
- Her fourth studio album, “Some People Have Real Problems,” was released on January 8, 2008, and it became Sia’s first album to chart in the US.
- Her debut video, “TV Is My Parent,” which was released on May 19, 2009, earned her the 2009 ARIA Music Award for Best Music DVD.
- We Are Born, her fifth studio album, was released on June 18, 2010, and it debuted at #2 on the Australian Albums Chart and #37 on the US Billboard 200.
- Sia retired as a recording artist after achieving enormous success and acclaim and started a career as a songwriter. She wrote “Titanium” (2011) for David Guetta, “Wild Ones” (2011) for Flo Rida, and “Diamonds” (2012) alongside Benny Blanco and StarGate for Rihanna, among other successful writing partnerships.
- She made an incredible comeback as a recording artist on July 4, 2014, with the release of her sixth studio album, “1000 Forms of Fear.” It gained a gold certification from the RIAA and debuted at the top of the US Billboard 200.
- Sia made her debut as a solo artist on the US Billboard Hot 100 with the album’s lead single, “Chandelier,” which reached a peak position of No. 8 on the chart.
- Sia contributed to the “Annie” soundtrack, which was used in the 2014 movie adaptation of the Broadway musical.
- She received a Grammy nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album with the release of her seventh album, “This Is Acting,” on January 29, 2016, in addition to debuting at number one in Australia and landing the No. 4 slot on the US Billboard 200.
- She reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart thanks to the album’s single “Cheap Thrills.”
- Sia’s performance at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in April 2016 received a lot of praise and quickly went viral online.
- In 2017, Sia collaborated with Zayn Malik on “Dusk Till Dawn,” a platinum-selling song that she also sang. Sia changed labels from RCA to Atlantic Records in the same year, 2017. On November 17, 2017, she released “Everyday Is Christmas,” her eighth album, via Atlantic and Monkey Puzzle.
- Under the moniker LSD, Sia worked with American DJ/producer Diplo and English artist Labrinth in 2018. In April 2019, their debut self-titled album was released.
- In 2018, Sia served as one of the narrators for the Australian animal rights film “Dominion.”
- In addition, Sia recreated The Beatles’ “Blackbird” in 2016 for the Netflix original series “Beat Bugs.”
Net Worth, Salary, Assets
Sia’s professional career as a singer, songwriter, and video director has brought in very good money. Sia has been working in the music industry for over 30 years and has amassed a fortune of $1,000,000 from her numerous songs, albums, and tours.
Her projected $30 million net worth is high. Chandelier and Cheap Thrills, two of her songs, were huge hits and received over a billion views on YouTube and other music streaming services.
Rumors and Controversy
Sia’s body measurement details like her height, weight, chest-waist-hip measures, dress size, shoe size, etc. are unknown at present.
What is the Height of Sia? Weight, Full Body Status
Sia is a stunning woman in her 40s. Sia has won many hearts all over the world with her distinct personality, which includes concealing her face with a wig, and her calming voice. She stands tall at 5 feet 4 inches (1.64 meters), and her body weight is approximately 62 kilograms (137 lbs).
She is well-maintained and has a thin body that measures 35-28-35 inches. Her bra size is 34 A, her shoe size is 7.5 US, and her dress size is 5 US. She has blonde hair, blue eyes, and a fair complexion.
Social Media Accounts
Sia is not active on any social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, or Snapchat.
You May Know: Diora Baird, Nurdian Cuaca