What is Priyanka Chopra’s Background?
Priyanka Chopra is an Indian film actress and singer who has become one of the country’s most well-known and high-profile figures. She was born in Jamshedpur, India, to physician parents and was educated in various cities across the country until she was sent to the United States at the age of thirteen. She volunteered for dancing and singing activities in America in addition to academics, but she aspired to be an engineer or psychologist rather than a performer.
She competed in the Femina Miss India pageant after returning home and was chosen to represent India at the Miss World pageant, where she was crowned ‘Miss World 2000.’ She quit her studies in the middle of her studies after winning the beauty pageant to pursue a career in the film industry. She began her career in Tamil with the film ‘Thamizan,’ but it wasn’t long before she made her Bollywood debut in the film ‘The Hero,’ in 2003.
She was recognized for her glamorous role in her next film, ‘Andaaz,’ for which she won a Filmfare Award. Following that, she starred in a string of box-office hits, including ‘Aitraaz,’ ‘Krish,’ ‘7 Khoon Maaf,’ ‘Fashion,’ and ‘Barfi!’ Over the years, she has received numerous awards and accolades for her film performances. She’s made a name for herself as an international singer, with songs like ‘In My City’ and ‘Exotic.’ Nick Jonas, an American singer-songwriter, is her husband.
Birthday: July 18, 1982
Age: 39 Years, 39-Year-Old Females
Sun Sign: Cancer
Born Country: India
Born In: Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
Famous As: Actress
Height: 5’7″ (170 cm), 5’7″ Females
Spouse/Ex-: Nick Jonas (M. 2018)
Father: Ashok Chopra
Mother: Madhu Chopra
Siblings: Siddharth Chopra
City: Jamshedpur, India
Childhood and Adolescence
- Priyanka Chopra was born in Jamshedpur, India, on July 18, 1982, to Ashok and Madhu Chopra. Both of her parents served in the Indian Army as doctors. Siddharth, her younger brother, is her only sibling.
- Her father was in the army and was frequently transferred. Priyant grew up in cities like Delhi, Pune, Lucknow, Bareilly, and Ladakh as a result of this. She attended several schools, including Lucknow’s La Martiniere Girls’ School and Bareilly’s St. Maria Goretti College.
- She was sent to the United States at the age of 13 to pursue higher education. She lived with her aunt in this town. As her aunt’s family moved frequently, Priyanka attended schools in Newton, Massachusetts, Iowa, and New York.
- She performed in several theatre productions and studied Western classical music, choral singing, and Kathak dance in addition to her academics. Rather than being a performer, she aspired to be a software engineer or a criminal psychologist.
- She later returned to India and completed her senior year of high school at the Army Public School in Bareilly. She also won the local ‘May Queen’ beauty pageant during this time.
You May Also Like To Read: Is Christopher Williams Married? He Has Three Children!
- She competed in Femina Miss India 2000, placing second and winning the Femina Miss India World title. She then went on to compete in the Miss World pageant, winning the title of ‘Miss World 2000.’
- In the Tamil film ‘Thamizhan,’ she made her big-screen debut in 2002. She made her Bollywood debut the following year as the second female lead in the film ‘The Hero: Love Story of a Spy.’
- Later in 2003, she co-starred with Akshay Kumar in the love triangle film ‘Andaaz.’ Her presence in this film was noted for the glamour she brought to it.
- She starred in the romantic comedy ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’ in 2004, which was a box office success. In the same year, she starred in the thriller ‘Aitraaz,’ in which she played an antagonist for the first time and received critical acclaim for her performance.
- ‘Waqt: The Race Against Time’ and ‘Bluffmaster’ were two of her most successful films in 2005.
- She appeared in the superhero film ‘Krish’ and the action thriller ‘Don’ in 2006. Both films were box office successes around the world.
- She went on to star in a number of films over the next few years, including ‘Big Brother’ (2007), ‘Love Story 2050’ (2008), and ‘Drona’ (2008).
- She starred in the film ‘Fashion,’ a drama about the Indian fashion industry, in late 2008. The film, as well as her performance, received high praise from critics. She then went on to star in the comedy ‘Dostana,’ which was also a box office hit.
- She received critical acclaim for her role as a femme fatale in the black comedy ‘7 Khoon Maaf’ in 2011.
- She starred alongside Ranbir Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz in the 2012 film ‘Barfi!’ Her performance was praised by critics, and the film was a commercial success. In the same year, she released her first international single, ‘In My City,’ which featured rapper will.i.am.
- In 2013, she did two chart-topping item numbers, ‘Babli Badmaash Hai’ and ‘Ram Chahe Leela,’ in addition to starring in the hugely successful film ‘Krrish 3’.
- In 2013, she released her second single, ‘Exotic,’ which featured American rapper Pitbull in the music video. The following year, she released her third single, a cover of Bonnie Raitt’s “I Can’t Make You Love Me.”
- She starred in ‘Mary Kom,’ a biographical film about Mary Kom, a five-time female world boxing champion and Olympic bronze medalist, in 2014. Critics praised her performance in the film, which received positive reviews.
In the film ‘Barfi!,’ Priyanka Chopra played Jhilmil Chatterjee, an autistic woman who received critical acclaim (2012). Several critics praised it as her best performance and one of the most flawless portrayals of a physical-psychological disability ever seen on the big screen.
Achievements & Awards
- For her role in the film “Fashion,” she received the “National Film Award for Best Actress” (2008).
- In her career, she has received four Filmfare Awards: Best Female Debut for ‘Andaaz’ (2003), Best Performance in a Negative Role for ‘Aitraaz’ (2004), Best Actress for ‘Fashion’ (2008), and Critics Award for Best Actress for ‘7 Khoon Maaf’ (2009). (2011).
- Her single ‘In My City’ won the People’s Choice Awards India’s Best International Debut award in October 2012.
Personal & Family Life
- Priyanka Chopra and her younger brother, Siddharth Chopra, are extremely close. She has a special connection with Siddharth, as evidenced by her social media posts.
- Dr. Ashok Chopra, her father, was a physician in the Indian Army. She was a close friend of his, and in 2012, she got a tattoo that read “Daddy’s lil girl.” In 2013, he died of cancer.
- Madhu Chopra, her mother, was also a physician in the Indian Army. She used to be a well-known gynecologist in Bareilly, but she gave up her practice to support Priyanka’s film career.
- Priyanka Chopra has kept her personal life private despite her media friendliness. Several of her co-stars, including Shahid Kapoor and Harman Baweja, were romantically linked to her.
- In 2018, she began dating Nick Jonas, an American singer-songwriter and actor. The couple got engaged in August 2018, which sparked a lot of media speculation. It was a Roka ceremony in Punjabi. The couple married in December 2018 at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, following Hindu and Christian rituals and ceremonies.
Priyanka Chopra has been linked to a number of charitable causes. The “Save Girl Child” campaign (a campaign against female infanticide and foeticide) and the “Awakening Youth” campaign are two examples (an anti-addiction program). In addition, she was named a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights.
You May Also Like To Read: What Is Sean Miller’s Net Worth? Find Some Details About His Professional Career!