Who is Katie Sowers?
Katie Sowers rose to prominence as an offensive assistant coach for the San Francisco 49ers in the National Football League. She is also the NFL’s first openly LGBTQ+ coach.
Katie Sowers’ Childhood and Family
Katie Sowers was born in Hesston, Kansas, in the United States of America, on August 7, 1986. She was born under the Leo zodiac sign. She will be 34 years old in 2020. Her father’s name is Floyd Sowers, and her mother’s name is Bonnie Sowers. She is of white ethnicity and holds an American nationality. Sowers grew up in Hesston with her twin sisters and older sister. Her twin sister’s name is Liz Sowers, and her older sister’s name is Steph Sowers.
Her twin sister, a wide receiver, is also a football player. In the 2000s, Katie attended Hesston College and Goshen College. She went on to the University of Central Missouri after that. She then earned a master’s degree in kinesiology from Central Missouri University in 2012.
Facts of Katie Sowers
|Full Name:||Katie Sowers|
|Birth Date:||August 7, 1986|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||Hesston, Kansas|
|Education||Hesston College, University of Central Missouri, Goshen College|
|Siblings||Liz Sowers and Steph Sowers|
|Katie Sowers Instagram|
Katie Sowers is Currently Dating?
Katie Sowers is a lesbian who is proud of it. She became the first openly LGBT coach in the National Football League after coming out publicly as a lesbian. Cara, Sowers’ boyfriend, is in a romantic relationship with her. On their official Instagram account, they share a variety of photos and videos together. Until now, the couple has been together and building a strong relationship.
However, because of her sexual orientation, she was denied a volunteer coaching position at Goshen College in 2009. Later, the college’s president apologized to her for rejecting her in 2020.
You May Also Like To Read: Daniella Perkins’ Dad Was The One Who Introduced Her Boyfriend To Her!
What is Coach-Katie Sowers’ Net Worth 2022/2023 and Salary?
Katie Sowers’ net worth is estimated to be around $500,000 as of January 2021. She has amassed a sizable fortune as a result of her successful coaching career. However, she has yet to reveal her annual salary, which is still being reviewed. She appears to be living a lavish lifestyle as a result of her career earnings. Her net worth will undoubtedly rise in the coming days.
Katie Sowers’ Height
Katie Sowers is in good physical and mental shape. Katie has an athletic body so she is healthy as well. She stands at a respectable 5 feet 8 inches tall. Her body weight is approximately 65 kg. Her body measurement, dress size, and shoe size are all unknown to the general public. Her hair is a shiny dark brown color, and her eyes are a lovely brown color.
Katie Sowers is a Professional Carrier
- Katie Sowers began playing football when she was eight years old.
- After finishing her studies at Goshen, she began playing football. In the Women’s Football Alliance, she played for the West Michigan Mayhem and the Kansas City Titans.
- She became a member of the United States women’s national American football team after playing with the Titans.
- The IFAF Women’s World Championship was won by this team in 2013.
- After that, she interned with the Atlanta Falcons as a wide receiver in the National Football League in the summer of 2016.
- After her summer job ended, she stayed with the Falcons.
- She remained an intern scout until June 2017, when she joined the San Francisco 49ers.
- She was hired as part of the ‘Bill Walsh Diversity Coaching Fellowship program’ at the time.
- Katie Sowers preparing to play football with her teammates.
- Katie Sowers is getting ready to play football with her teammates. (Image via Instagram)
- This program aims to assist minorities in obtaining coaching positions in the National Football League.
- She then works as a seasonal offensive assistant for the 49ers until she is promoted to offensive assistant in 2019.
- After that, the 49ers won the NFC Championship, sending them to Super Bowl LIV in her first season as an offensive assistant with the team.
- She was the first female and openly gay coach in a Super Bowl at the time.