Who is Fred Kotto?
Football player turned television writer Fred Kotto is also a former sergeant with the San Jose Police Department. He is best known for being Yaphet Kotto, an American actoroldest,’s son. He also competed in boxing at the US Olympic trials in 2000. He played running back for the #1-ranked University of Washington Huskies at the time. He contributed to the writing of “The Rookie,” a TV show.
Relationship Details, Fred Kotto is Married?
Married Fred Kotto and has one child. In March 2013, he wed Stanka Vuckovic, although there is no information on their offspring. He is not gay and has a straight sexual orientation.
Quick facts about Fred Kotto
|Celebrated Name||Fred Kotto|
|Birth Name||Fredrick Kotto|
|Place Of Birth||United States|
|Education||University of Washington and William H. Taft School of Law|
|Mother||Rita Ingrid Dittman|
|Sisters||Natascha Kotto, Sarada Kotto, Mirabai Kotto, and Salina Kotto|
|Grand Parents||Abraham Kotto and Gladys Marie|
|Married Date||March 2013|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Fred Kotto: Early Life, Age, Wiki, Parents, Ethnicity
In 1968, Fred Kotto was born in the United States. He was born Fredrick Kotto. He is the older child of Yaphet Kotto, a well-known American actor, and Rita Ingrid Dittman. In 1976, his parents separated. Later, his father wed Toni Pettyjohn a second time before divorcing her in 1989. He wed Tessie Sinahon, a Filipino woman, for the third time in 1998. Tessie is his third wife overall.
On March 15, 2021, Yaphet Kotto, his father, passed away in the Philippines at the age of 81. Robert Kotto, his younger brother, and Natascha Kotto, his older sister, are his siblings. Sarada Kotto, Mirabai Kotto, and Salina Kotto are his three other half-sisters. His grandmother Gladys Marie was an American nurse and U.S. Army officer of Panamanian and West Indian origin, and his grandfather Njoki Manga Bell was a merchant from Cameroon who immigrated to the United States in the 1920s and used the name, Abraham Kotto.
His ethnicity is African-American, and he is a citizen of the United States. He was Black. He has Cameroonian, Panamanian, and West Indian ancestry from his father’s side and German ancestry from his mother.
Education, Schooling, University
He went to the University of Washington and the William H. Taft School of Law for his schooling. He played football for the NCAA champion Huskies and was a 400-meter dash Olympic hopeful. His left knee was shattered in a motorbike accident a few months before the 1998 U.S. Olympic Trials.
Professional Career, (Football Player)
- Before starting his career in law enforcement in 1996, Fred Kotto spent several years working in finance in New York and Los Angeles.
- In 1996, Fred started working for the San Jose Police Department.
- He has operated undercover for six years during his more than 17-year police career, three of which were spent completely hidden from the police department. In METRO Special Ops, where covert operations and high-priority manhunts were carried out, three of those years were spent. Deeply covertly, Sergeant Kotto collaborated with the DEA and FBI to fight numerous significant criminal organizations. He is a distinguished member of the Crisis Intervention Team, executing both high-risk hostage rescue and hostage negotiations.
- While serving as an active law enforcement officer, Kotto started writing scripts. His first feature-length spec, AT Rist, was taken up by Lawrence Gordon Productions, and he later sold another spec pilot, Sting Ops, an hour-long cable drama, to FTVS.
- Detective Sergeant Kotto left his position as the Internal Affairs Unit Supervising Sergeant of the San Jose Police Department in April 2014 and started working full-time as a screenwriter.
- He is a co-producer and one of the writers for the TV show “The Rookie.”
- He has also contributed to the shows “Ice,” “Guilt,” and “Chicago PD” on Freeform.
Net Worth, Salary, Assets
Fred Kotto may make a solid living as a professional screenwriter. Additionally, his job with the San Jose Police Department has brought him success. But there is no information available regarding his salary or net worth.
However, it was estimated that Yaphet Kotto, his father, had a $5 million net worth.
Rumors and Controversy
Talking about his rumors and controversy, he has not been in any part of rumors and controversy to date.
What is the Height of Fred Kotto? Weight, Full Body Stats
An attractive man in his early 50s, Fred Kotto is. He has black hair and dark brown eyes, yet he always maintains his head clean-shaven. He is tall. He hasn’t provided any details about his height, weight, or other physical characteristics.
Social Media Accounts
Fred Kotto is not active on any social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, or Snapchat.