Who is Errol Musk?
Errol Musk is an electromechanical engineer, pilot, and sailor from South Africa. Elon Musk, the CEO of ‘SpaceX,’ ‘Tesla, Inc.,’ and ‘Neuralink,’ as well as one of the co-founders of ‘PayPal,’ is his son. Errol is well known for his turbulent life and estrangement from his children.
His children have always portrayed him as a horrible human being. Errol was married to model Maye Haldeman for a time before marrying a widow. When Errol admitted that he had had sexual encounters with his stepdaughter and had even fathered her child, he made multiple headlines. Despite these controversies, Errol is nevertheless recognized as a remarkable engineer of his day.
Errol Musk: Bio, Net worth, Age and Family
Errol Graham Musk was born in Pretoria, Transvaal, South Africa, in 1946. His father was from South Africa, and his mother was from the United Kingdom. Maye Haldeman, a Canadian model and dietician, was Errol’s high school love when he married her in 1970. Elon was their first child, born on June 28, 1971. Errol had his second son, Kimbal, a year later, and his daughter, Tosca, in 1974. Tosca is a film producer and director, whereas Kimbal is a well-known entrepreneur, philanthropist, and restaurateur.
In 1979, Errol and Maye divorced. Their sons spent their weekdays with Elon and their weekends with Maye after that. Tosca was a toddler when she moved in with her mother. Errol later married Heide-Mari, a widow and mother of three children, and they had three children together. Alexandra “Ali” Musk and Asha “Rose” Musk, their two children, were born to them.
As an engineering consultant and a real-estate developer, Errol amassed enormous money. He was the owner of a number of mines as well as other natural-resources infrastructure. Errol owned a stake in an emerald mine near Zambia’s Lake Tanganyika. He was also a thoroughbred horse owner. He also owned a private yacht and a Cessna plane, as he enjoyed sailing and flying at the time. Errol would spend most of his vacations in his several mansions. Elon had spent the majority of his boyhood in Waterkloof, a posh suburb of Pretoria, after Errol and Maye split. Errol, on the other hand, left the company early. Errol was half-retired by 1980, and he began to spend the majority of his time and money on travel.
You May Also Like To Read: Daniella Perkins’ Dad Was The One Who Introduced Her Boyfriend To Her!
- Also Known As: Errol Graham Musk, Errol
- Age: 76 Years
- Spouse/Ex-: Maye Musk (M. 1970–1979)
- Father: Walter Henry James Musk
- Mother: Cora Amelia Robinson
- Children: Alexandra Musk, Elon Musk, Kimbal Musk, Tosca Musk
Relationship with His Children
- Errol’s relationship with his children, particularly Elon, has constantly made the front pages of newspapers. Elon and Errol have had a strained relationship, with Elon rarely speaking about his father in public. Elon has depicted Errol as a terrible human being in the majority of his interviews.
- Soon after Errol divorced Maye, a schism formed between the father and the son. Errol’s bad attitude toward life, as well as his indiscretions, contributed to the schism. Errol’s relationship with Jana Bezuidenhout deteriorated after he made the sensational announcement that he had fathered the child of his stepdaughter. Errol had married Jana’s mother, Heide, when she was only four years old.
- Despite the fact that Errol revealed his relationship with Jana to the media, he had first kept it hidden. After Jana’s break-up with her lover, he later confessed that his sixth child, Elliot Rush, was the consequence of an impetuous sexual connection with her. Initially, it was assumed that Jana’s boyfriend was the father of her kid, but Errol insisted on a paternity test, which showed the truth. He rationalized his actions by claiming that Jana was never his stepdaughter because she was raised apart from the family. After this shocking news, Jana’s mother ended her 18-year marriage to Errol.
- Errol has admitted to having a number of mistresses. He was also the subject of a criminal charge at one point. Three out of five robbers who attempted to break into his home were allegedly shot and killed by him. Errol was eventually granted a clean bill of health.
- Elon, on the other hand, has made it clear that he despises Errol. Elon urged author Ashlee Vance not to accept his father’s assertions while writing Elon’s biography. Errol had not been introduced to Elon’s first child, according to the author of the biography. In response to such statements, Errol has referred to Elon as a spoiled brat.
- Despite his disdain and disgust for Errol, Elon expresses pity for him because he believes his father is lonely and depressed. He considers his father to be a superb engineer and feels he acquired his engineering abilities from him. Errol had backed Elon and Kimbal’s initial software startup, Zip2, in 1995. Elon took Errol, his then-wife, and their children to Malibu to live together when the company prospered. However, things did not go as planned, and Errol returned to South Africa. He now resides in the Western Cape town of Langebaan.