Who is Dev Patel?
British actor, producer, and director Dev Patel is well-known for playing a variety of significant roles in well-liked TV series and movies like Skins, Slumdog Millionaire, and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
For his performance in the biographical drama Lion, he received the BAFTA Award for “Best Supporting Actor” in 2017. Dev has been nominated numerous times and has received numerous awards for his great efforts.
Relationship Details, Dev Patel is in a Relationship?
Dev Patel and Australian actress Tilda Cobham-Hervey began dating in 2017. The duo has appeared in public numerous times together. The duo was dubbed “Hollywood’s Hottest Couple” in March 2017.
Quick facts about Dev Patel
|Real Name||Dev Patel|
Dev Patel: Early Life, Age, Wiki, Parents, Ethnicity
- Raj Patel, an Indian-born IT specialist, and Anita Patel, a caretaker, welcomed Dev Patel into the world on April 23, 1990, in Harrow, London, United Kingdom.
- In Harrow, he went to the “Longfield Primary School.” He actively participated in drama while a student at “Longfield” and displayed his acting talents there.
- He was quite successful in these extracurricular pursuits as well as many others. Patel frequently got into trouble with his instructors as a result of his great energy, something he would later describe as being “bloody hyperactive” as a child.
- He started practicing Taekwondo in 2000 and has since participated frequently in both national and international competitions. He had some martial arts success and brought home several medals for his school.
Education, Schooling, University
He afterward enrolled at “Whitmore High School,” where he continued acting in plays. His acting abilities were evident, and he was able to inspire the live audience with a fantastic performance. He eventually received an “A” in drama for his General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) and completed his “AS Levels.”
Professional Career, (Actor)
- Dev Patel made his acting debut in 2007 by playing the character of “Anwar” for two seasons in the British television series “Skins.”
- In 2008, the actor received his first significant break when he was cast in the title role in Danny Boyle’s feature film “Slumdog Millionaire.” Boyle met the young actor through his daughter Caitlin Boyle, a die-hard admirer of the television show “Skins.”
- Patel earned several prizes before the end of 2008 for playing the lead in the Oscar-winning movie “Slumdog Millionaire.” A “British Independent Film Award,” a “National Board of Review (NBR) Award,” and a “Chicago Film Critics Association Award” are among these honors.
- He portrayed a bad guy in M. Night Shyamalan’s fantasy movie “The Last Airbender” in July 2010. The film was a box office hit, but it also earned unfavorable reviews, with some considering it a failure on the whole. Dev was nominated for a “Razzie Award” for “Worst Supporting Actor.”
- Alongside stars including Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith, and Tom Wilkinson, he costarred in the British comedy-drama movie “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” in 2011. The actor had to undergo voice training for six months to develop the Indian-English dialect because his native accent was so strong.
- The movie went on to become a global box office success, and in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK, it was among the top-earning movies of the year. The movie garnered favorable reviews, with some praising the actor’s innate comic abilities.
- He portrayed a passionate news blogger in the television show “The Newsroom” from 2012 to 2014. He had an appearance in the drama movie “About Cherry” about the same time that James Franco and Heather Graham did. The 2012 “Berlin International Film Festival” hosted the movie’s world premiere. Unfortunately, it got mixed reviews and had a poor box office performance.
- The actor co-starred with Robert Sheehan and Zo Kravitz in the eagerly anticipated movie “The Road Within” in 2014. Because of its unconventional premise—three unlikely friends go on a road trip together—the movie was eagerly anticipated. The acting, which some felt was over-the-top and too tidy, earned largely negative reviews and brought down the film.
- The actor was cast as “Saroo Brierley” in the biographical movie “Lion” in 2016. The movie was helmed by Garth Davis and included performers like Nicole Kidman and Rooney Mara. The movie had its world premiere on September 10, 2016, at the “Toronto International Film Festival,” where it was well-received and some people even predicted it would win an “Oscar.” Dev Patel won a “BAFTA” for “Best Supporting Actor” for his moving portrayal of “Saroo” and was nominated for a “Best Supporting Actor” Oscar.
- He received a role in the 2018 action-thriller movie “Hotel Mumbai.” The 2009 documentary “Surviving Mumbai,” which was about the 2008 Mumbai assaults at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in India, served as its inspiration.
Net Worth 2023, Salary, Assets
Do you wish to learn Dev Patel’s estimated net worth? What makes up the bulk of your income? Even yet, it is tough to obtain precise information on assets and salaries. The table below contains the most recent data on salary and assets. Controversies have been added to this area. Dev Patel is worth $3 Million in total.
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
Rumors and Controversy
Talking about his rumors and controversy, he has not been in any part of rumors as well as controversy to date.
What is the Height of Dev Patel? Weight, Full Body Status
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1990|
Social Media Accounts
Dev Patel is not active on any social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, or Snapchat.