Uchiha Itachi– Biography, Facts & Life Story
Uchiha Itachi is a fictional character in the Naruto manga and anime series created by Masashi Kishimoto. He is known as the older brother of Uchiha Sasuke and a member of the Akatsuki international criminal group. He became the criminal after he slaughtered his entire clan, sparing only Sasuke.
Know the Voice Actor of Uchiha Itachi
Hideo Ishikawa, the Japanese voice actor, voiced the character. He is also known for contributing his voice for Kicchō Fukuda in Slam Dunk, Auron in Final Fantasy X, Squall Leonhart in Final Fantasy VIII, and Kingdom Hearts, Jūshirō Ukitake in Bleach, Pierre de Chaltier in Tales of Destiny.
The English dubbed voice is contributed by the voice artist, Crispin Freeman. He is renowned for voicing Zelgadis Graywords in Slayers, Kyon in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Alucard in Hellsing, Kirei Kotomine in Fate/Zero, and Fate/stays night: Unlimited Blade Works.
Uchiha Itachi- Early Life
Uchiha Itachi was born on June 9th in Hidden Leaf Village, Konoha. He was the son of Father, Fugaku Uchiha and Mikoto Uchiha. Also happens to be the older brother of Uchiha Sasuke.
Itachi was concise and perceptive, displaying maturity beyond his years and an understanding of how to deal with any circumstance. Itachi was a modest man, considering his success, talent, and popularity. He made his first appearance in Naruto chapter 139 alongside Kisame.
Power and Abilities
Itachi was an extremely talented and powerful Ninja of Konoha village. He was well-regarded as the strongest Uchiha of their time.
Summoning Jutsu Hand Signs
Itachi could summon crows, which he would use in flocks to swarm and distract enemies. He also inserted crows into clones of himself to deflect enemy attacks.
Itachi was competent with a sword as a fully-trained Konoha Anbu, and he used it as his main weapon during the Uchiha Clan Downfall. He specialized in shurikenjutsu, which he was especially adept at, like many other Uchiha. Itachi could strike an intricate series of eight targets, one of which was concealed in a blind spot, by deflecting his projectile off another one in mid-air and redirecting both projectiles’ paths.
Itachi’s nature transformations included Fire, Water, Wind, Yin, and Yang Release. He had a natural propensity for Fire Release as an Uchiha, having mastered the clan’s Great Fireball Technique at a young age. He would often coat shuriken in the fire to boost their offensive potential. Itachi could use Water Release to perform the Water Dragon Bullet Technique without requiring an external source of water, as well as shape existing water into tendrils to strike his opponents from all sides.
Itachi specialized in genjutsu, where the visions were normally crows, in keeping with his pacifist personality. Even without the assistance of his Sharingan, one of Konohagakure’s best users, his illusions have remarkable potency, able to influence his targets without them realising it, when on guard, and even execute them by simply pointing at his target.
Itachi awoke the Sharingan at the age of eight, after witnessing the death of his teammate Tenma Izumo, and quickly mastered it. He had shown superior ability and power to most of his clan members since he was a child.
After seeing Shisui’s suicide, Itachi activated the Mangeky Sharingan. The pupil was surrounded by three spiraling curves. He could use Tsukuyomi, a genjutsu that imprisoned opponents’ minds in an illusory environment and shifted their perception of time, with both eyes. He could use Amaterasu with his right eye, igniting everything he looked at with black flames that could destroy anything, including fire. He had the power to extinguish Amaterasu.
Itachi could use Susanoo now that he had awakened the Mangekyo in both of his eyes. In its most basic forms, he may create extra arms or bones to strengthen his fighting options. When fully activated, Itachi was protected by a spectral warrior who shielded him from damage.
Uchiha Itachi and Sasuke Final Battle
They begin trading genjutsu when Sasuke arrives. Itachi informs Sasuke about Tobi, also known as Madara, as well as the mysteries of the Mangeky Sharingan and the even more important Everlasting Mangeky Sharingan, at Sasuke’s request. Itachi expresses his disappointment that Sasuke has not obtained his own Mangeky, but claims that he can obtain an Eternal Mangeky by using Sasuke’s eyes. When Sasuke breaks free from Itachi’s Tsukuyomi, the genjutsu exchange stops, and the real battle begins.
The ninjutsu volleys spill out onto the street, where Sasuke and Itachi compare their Great Fireballs. Itachi hires Amaterasu as Sasuke begins to win the upper hand. He manages to capture Sasuke after inadvertently igniting the nearby forest when attempting to reach him. Although Itachi is caught off guard, Sasuke sheds his skin to avoid the flames and executes several Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Techniques. Itachi tries to stop them, but Sasuke tells him that Itachi was not his intended target.
Storm clouds assemble and lightning brews after Sasuke’s strike, enabling Sasuke to attack Itachi with Kirin. Itachi survives thanks to his Susanoo, despite the fact that the hideout is lost. Itachi approaches Sasuke with his Susanoo powered. Sasuke unlocks his Cursed Seal of Heaven after using all of his chakras to execute Kirin and, desperate to kill Itachi, unleashes Orochimaru.
Using the Eight Branches Technique, Orochimaru emerges from Sasuke’s body and declares his intention to take Sasuke’s body for himself. Itachi, having pulled Orochimaru out of the fight, pierces him with Susanoo’s Sword of Totsuka, sealing him away and removing Sasuke’s cursed seal.
Itachi continues his approach, telling Sasuke that he has vowed to now take his eyes, and Sasuke tries in vain to hold him at bay. Susanoo tries to defend Itachi, but as he gets closer, his security deteriorates, and Itachi begins coughing up blood. Itachi approached Sasuke and claimed to want Sasuke’s eyes.
Itachi tries to grab for Sasuke’s eyes when he actually hits him, but instead pokes his forehead. (Amaterasu is sealed in Sasuke’s eyes, ready to activate against Tobi’s Sharingan and shield Sasuke from him.) Itachi died unable to maintain his mask of wanting Sasuke’s eyes, he sincerely smiles at Sasuke, apologizes, and says this is the end before succumbing to his illness and falling dead with a smile on his face, similar to how he described death to Kisame.
Notable Quotes of Uchiha Itachi
- “Those who cannot acknowledge themselves, will eventually fail.”
- “People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That’s how they define “reality”. But what does it mean to be “correct” or “true”? Merely vague concepts… Their “reality” may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?”
- “I always lied to you telling you to forgive me. I used these hands to keep you at distance… I did not want you to get involved. But now… I think you could have changed father and mother. Perhaps even the entire Uchiha. If I would have stood in front of you and looked you in the eyes from the very beginning… talked to you instead of down to you… and been open about everything. But I failed, and speaking to you now, like this, isn’t going to undo the permanent damage that’s already been done to you. That’s why I wanted to show you the truth. Even if it’s just a little. And no matter what you decide to do from here on out, you never have to forgive me – I will always love you.”
- “Even the strongest of opponents always has a weakness.”
- “Self-sacrifice… A nameless shinobi who protects peace within its shadow. That is a true shinobi.”
- “Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation.”
- “Don’t cry, Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens.”
- “No single thing is perfect by itself. That’s why we’re born to attract other things to make up for what we lack.”
- You’re such a child. You talk of nothing but pipe dreams… there are times when people must make painful choices.”