Who is Laura Clark?
Laura Clark (born 1965) is a professional tennis line judge from Owensboro, Kentucky, United States. She made news after being struck by a tennis ball hit by Novak Djokovic during the call of a fourth-round match at the US Open.
Djokovic hit a ball behind him without looking as he walked to his seat for the changeover. Despite this, the ball struck judge Clark in the throat, and she collapsed on the ground clutching her throat.
Novak Djokovic is a professional tennis player from Serbia. The Association of Tennis Professionals presently ranks him as the world No. 1 champion in men’s singles tennis. He entered the top 100 of the Association of Tennis Professionals at the age of 18 years old (ATP).
Under his region, he currently holds 17 Grand Slam singles titles. Soeren Friemel, a US Open referee, confirmed that under the Grand Slam Code of Conduct. Furthermore, Djokovic would be disqualified regardless of motive.
|Real Full Birth Name||Laura Clark.|
|Famous for||Being accidentally hit by the tennis player Novak Djokovic.|
|Social Media Accounts||Instagram:
|Age (How old, as of 2020)||55 years old.|
|Date of Birth||1965.|
|Birthplace||Owensboro, Kentucky, United States.|
|Current Residence||The USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Income Source||Judge, Collaboration with other brands, etc.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$150,000 US Dollars, as of 2020.|
|Dating History?||Not known.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Name not revealed.|
|Smoke or Drink?||Yes (Occasionally).|
Mother: Not revealed.
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Name not available.|
Physical Statistics & More
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 7″.
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.70 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-28-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||5.|
Djokovic’s chances of winning the Open were jeopardized as a result of the incident. Novak was disqualified from the competition for “abuse of the ball” under Grand Slam norms, and the move was deemed “reckless.”
Following the incident, the line judge is resting well in a hotel and is being examined by the tournament doctor. Clark’s friends told WKBR that she was not seriously harmed, according to the sources.
They even claimed that she will only return to work when she and the doctor believe it is safe to do so. The USTA has been hesitant to reveal her identity because ogres have made death threats and hateful comments to her social media sites.
According to the Grand Slam rulebook, players are not permitted to hurt any official, opponent, spectator, or other individual within the confines of the event site.
After being booted out of the prestigious competition, Djokovic apologized for his actions. He confessed in an Instagram letter, writing about the entire event. He wrote about how unhappy and empty he is as a result of the incident, and he also expressed his regret. In addition, he stated that he is not publishing her name in order to respect her privacy.
Laura Clark Facts
- Laura Clark was born in the United States, in the city of Owensboro, Kentucky. She is a devout Christian. Her mother and father’s names have yet to be revealed.
- Laura’s current age is 55 years old as of 2020. Her specific date and month of birth, however, are unknown.
- Laura has always been interested in sports, particularly tennis. She began her schooling at a local elementary school and then transferred to a high school.
- Laura is a University graduate (name not available).
- Laura competed in her first tournament in Evansville. She worked as a line worker, chair, and referee throughout her career. She used to do this during her college days and junior-level professional tennis matches as well.
- In terms of physical appearance, Laura Clark is 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 meters) tall and weighs roughly 60 kilograms (132 lbs).
- Laura, according to sources, received a lot of hate comments on her Instagram. Later, the player Novak issued a statement in support of Laura Clark and invited his fans to do the same.
- Laura is married, but more information about her husband and family is not yet available.
- According to reports, Laura lost her son, Josh, in a motorbike accident in the year 2008.
- At the time of his death, he was only 25 years old.
- She also paid respect to her kid on Instagram, but the haters ridiculed her and said, “Don’t worry, you will join him soon.” Another person burst out laughing after hearing this remark.
- After being subjected to such abuse, it appears she has deactivated all of her social media accounts, since we are unable to locate her on any platform.