Donald Cherry is a former NHL player, coach, and pundit from Canada. Furthermore, he rose to prominence during the course of these 19 years. After gaining a lot of experience, he went on to serve as an NHL coach. He began playing ice hockey in 1954 and continued until 1972.
Don Cherry’s Net Worth and Salary
Don has a net worth of roughly $14 million as of 2019. He is a former Canadian ice hockey player, NHL coach, and pundit. Don Cherry receives a yearly income of roughly $2 million to $3 million from his professional career as an ice hockey player, depending on the organization.
Similarly, when he served as a team coach, he was paid almost $1 million per year. Following that, he worked as a pundit, which pays approximately the same amount. His professional career is his primary source of income. When he retired, the story took a different turn.
He became a coach after a few years of retirement. Finally, after commentating live ice hockey matches for several years, he has retired. He is currently living a lavish life on his own.
|Estimated Net Worth||$14 M|
|Average Annual Salary||$2 M to $3 M|
|Yearly Salary as Coach||$1 M|
His Private Life
Rose, his wife, had been divorced. In 1957, the couple tied the knot. The previous couple had a baby girl named Cindy as a result of their relationship. Unfortunately, his wife passed away in 1997. Rose died of liver cancer, which was the reason for her death. After that, he married Luba Cherry for the second time.
Cherry’s Work Experience
- Don Cherry is a former ice hockey commentator from Canada. He is also a National Hockey League (NHL) coach and a retired professional hockey player.
- He began his professional career as a junior hockey player with the Ontario Hockey Association’s Barrie Flyers and Windsor Spitfires.
- After that, he was named the greatest defender in the game and given the Memorial Cup. Similarly, he enjoyed a long professional minor hockey career and appeared in his single NHL game in 1955.
- He is a huge supporter of Sidney Crosby, another Canadian ice hockey player.
- In 1972, once his playing career came to an end, he began teaching. He had previously worked as a Cadillac salesperson and a construction worker.
- He has also worked as a house painter for $2 per hour.
- He finally became the coach of the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League in 1972, winning Coach of the Year.
- After retiring from coaching, he became a pundit for the same sport. He is now in his mid-80s and retired with a substantial net worth.
- Donald Stewart Cherry, better known as Don Cherry, was born on February 5, 1934, in Kingston, Ontario.
- He is 85 years old as of 2019, and his zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- Cheery Cherry is the son of Delmar (Del) and Maude Cherry.
- His father was an amateur athlete who also worked for the Canadian Steamship Lines as an electrician.
- Don is of white ethnicity and is a Canadian national.
- Dick Cherry, his younger brother, is also a professional ice hockey player.
- Rose, Don’s wife, passed away in 1997 from liver cancer.
- Following that, he married Luba Cherry, with whom he had a daughter from a prior relationship.
- As of 2019, Don’s net worth is believed to be approximately $14 million.
- He stands 5 feet and 9 inches tall.
- He also has accounts on Instagram and Twitter.