Chevy Chase is a well-known American actor, comedian, and writer who has won three Primetime Emmy Awards. He began his career in 1967, working for National Lampoon before arriving on Saturday Night Live (1978-1997) and achieving fame as an actor.
Chevy has amassed an enormous reputation and money over the course of his five-decade career. Let’s have a look at his net worth today, as well as some other intriguing information about him.
Chevy Chase’s Net Worth? What is his Remuneration?
Chevy Chase’s Salary and Net Worth: Chevy Chase’s net worth is estimated to be around $50 million as of 2019. His acting job is his main source of income. During the 1980s, his career reached its height, with an average pay of $7 million for each film. In addition, his net worth is comparable to that of comedian Steve Carell and actress Mariska Hargitay.
|Net Worth in 2019||$50 million|
|Net Worth in 2018||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||$7 million|
|Income Source||Actor, Comedian, Writer|
At this time, no information about his endorsement earnings is available. He undoubtedly earned hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsorships during the height of his fame. Chevy is said to have promoted Aflac, Cola Turka, Doritos, and Frito-DORITOS Lay’s Frito-Lay.
He is an avid charity fundraiser and environmentalist in addition to endorsements. Chevy is also affiliated with a number of non-profit organizations, including Amnesty International, the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education, the Captain Planet Foundation, and the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation, among others. He collected funds for Bill Clinton’s presidential campaign in the 1990s and John Kerry’s campaign in 2004.
His Real Estate Information
Chevy, undoubtedly, lives a luxury lifestyle and owns a staggering asset collection as the owner of a multibillion-dollar fortune. He prefers to keep his real estate business as low-key as possible, but he is said to be residing in a house worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in Mount Kisco, New York. The typical home price in Mount Kisco, New York is $622.6k, with a $1.2k annual insurance cost.
He has a collection of luxury cars, according to certain web sources, including Mercedes-Benz SL550s (starting at $113k), Mercedes-Benz SL65s ($218k), and Chevrolets. He spends money on expensive suits, travels, and tax payments, in addition to daily life luxury and assets.
Expenses Associated With His Taxes
Chase is subject to New York’s tax rules because he resides and owns property there. His residence in New York costs him 1.925 percent of its assessed value in property tax, just like everyone else’s.
In addition, he must pay $466k in income tax on a $1 million annual income, which includes 33.12 percent federal tax, 2.97 percent FICA, 6.68 percent state tax, and 3.83 percent local tax.
Achievements & Awards
Chevy Chase received his first Emmy Awards in 1976 for his performances on Saturday Night Live in the categories of Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Series and Outstanding Continuing or Single Performance by a Supporting Actor in Variety or Music.
In 1978, he earned another Emmy Award for The Paul Simon Special, this time for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Series. Chevy was also nominated for a Golden Globe Award for comedy writing and funny acting. He was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1994.
Chevy Chase’s Professional Life
- Chevy Chase began his career after graduating as a member of the early underground comedy troupe Channel One, which he co-founded in 1967.
- Later in 1973, he began working as a writer and cast member for The National Lampoon Radio Hour.
- Films and television series
- Chevy Chase’s career took off after he spent 30 episodes as a writer for Saturday Night Live from 1975 to 1976.
- Later, he worked as a cast member on Saturday Night Live until 1997, among other superstars such as Jimmy Fallon, Kenan Thompson, and David Spade.
- He also starred in the NBC sitcom Community (2009-2014).
- His acting career took a significant turn after he played Tony Carlson in the 1978 film Foul Play. He had previously acted in modest roles in a number of films.
- Caddyshack (1980), Seems Like Old Times (1980), Spies Like Us (1985), Three Amigos (1986), National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989), Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), Orange County (2002), Hot Tub Time Machine (2010), and others are among Chevy’s most well-known film credits.
Chevy Chase’s Interesting Facts
- Cornelius Crane Chase, better known as Chevy Chase, was born on October 8, 1943, in Lower Manhattan, New York, United States of America.
- His horoscope is Libra, and he is 76 years old as of 2019.
- Cathalene Parker (mother) and Edward Tinsley Chase (father) are his parents (father).
- His mother was a concert pianist and librettist, while his father was a well-known Manhattan book editor and magazine writer.
- Pamela Cederquist and Cythnia Chase are his sisters, and John Cederquist and Edward Chase Jr. are his brothers.
- Before entering Riverdale Country School in New York, he attended Stockbridge School in Massachusetts for prep school.
- Chevy continued his education at Bard College in Upstate New York, where he majored in pre-medicine and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English in 1967.
- He began his career as a member of Channel One, a pioneering underground comedy troupe that he co-founded in 1967.
- Chevy’s net worth is projected to be around $50 million as of 2019.
- In 1982, he married Jayni Chase and they have a happy marriage.
- He measures 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs approximately 96 kilograms.
- Only Chevy’s official Twitter account is active.